Wednesday, June 22, 2011

OpenGL

   



So I've been working on OpenGL on the iPhone, but I'm still kinda learning Objective C and the iOS libraries so its a bit slow going. This week I started up messing around on OpenGL on a PC. The first pictures is from a projection view and the second is from an orthographic view. Gonna use open GL to work on a small project of mine in my spare time.

I also know DirectX 10, but I just have more fun in OpenGL. I'm thinking of taking it to the next level and buying the OpenGL SuperBible( The Blue Book) and learning shaders a bit better. (Shaders are hard!)

No code samples today as I feel its rather basic and just a bunch of setup stuff unless you want to watch lots of arrays initialized like this:

GLfloat cube[][3] = {{-1.0,-1.0,-1.0},{1.0,-1.0,-1.0},{1.0,-1.0,1.0},
              {-1.0,-1.0,1.0},{-1.0,1.0,-1.0},{1.0,1.0,-1.0},
              {1.0,1.0,1.0},{-1.0,1.0,1.0}};

I thought so.

3 comments:

  1. Good job, being a developer for the smartphones seems to be a good career choice right now so keep at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patres said it! it really is a nice buissnes to be in so dont quit! :] gl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever play minecraft? Its written in OpenGL and javascript :)

    ReplyDelete